Thursday, December 22, 2011

Bar Codes for Retailing Books

Once you have an ISBN, you'll need a Bookland EAN bar code. This bar code identifies the ISBN, publisher, book title, author and edition. It should be printed on the lower half of the outside back cover on hard cover and soft cover books or on the inside front cover of mass-market paperback books. Bookland EAN bar codes are generally ordered through cover designers and are also available at Friesens.

If your intention is to sell your book to mass merchandisers or stores other than bookstores, you may need a UPC (Uniform Product Code) bar code. These are available through the Uniform Code Council:

No comments:

Post a Comment