Friday, October 28, 2011

Carry Your Best Sketchbook

Anyone who knows me, knows drawing is a huge part of my life. This is obvious by my Best Sketchbook which is usually found in hand. Journaling in public introduces me not only to people inspired by my talent, but also to illustration contracts. When asked if I illustrate for a living, I kindly respond with an inspiring drawing lesson and recommend a Best Sketchbook to any aspiring writer or artist. Many times the response is, "I know someone looking for an illustrator..." I then take down the contact information in my sketchbook to use when I'm near my email. Smart phones make this contact process even faster.

Carry a sketchbook with you at all times for practice, exposure, and leads to upcoming projects!

Mark Wayne Adams
President Elect
Florida Authors & Publishers Association

No comments:

Post a Comment